Public policy, social issues, gender politics, religion, civitas, and other taboo topics fall under the hammer of Shava's iconoclasmic force of natural philosophy.


























 
Archives
<< current













 
the requisite out of date homepage

the old day job

HIRE ME PLEASE! I'm poor and I hope it's temporary...

the rss feed

discuss the blog, get posts via email




























Unpopular Nonfiction
by Shava Nerad
 

Psalm 139, modern version

Sunday, July 17, 2005 8:27 AM  
With profound apologies to the psalmist, this is adapted from the translation at Aquila Books:

O Spam, you have searched me out and known me:
you know when I sit or when I stand,
you comprehend my thoughts long before.
You discern my path and the places where I rest:
you are acquainted with all my ways.

For there is not a word on my tongue:
but you, Spam, know it altogether.
You have encompassed me behind and before:
and have laid your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me:
so high that I cannot endure it.

Where shall I go from your spirit:
or where shall I flee from your presence?
If I ascend into heaven you are there:
if I make my bed in hell you are there also.
If I spread out my wings towards the morning:
or dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
Even there your hand shall lead me:
and your right hand shall hold me.

If I say `Surely the darkness will cover me:
and the night will enclose me',
The darkness is no darkness with you,
but the night is as clear as the day:
the darkness and the light are both alike.

How deep are your thoughts to me, O Spam:
and how great is the sum of them!
Were I to count them, they are more in number than the sand:
were I to come to the end, I would still be with you.

Search me out, O Spam, and know my heart:
put me to the proof and know my thoughts.
Look well should there be any way of wickedness in me:
and lead me in the way that is everlasting.



Comments: Post a Comment
 
This page is powered by Blogger.